воскресенье, 23 августа 2009 г.

Мы не жалкие букашки...

Seeking the weight loss and trying to find any alternative entertainment to eating out I joined the marshal arts classes. Today was my first time. The coach is a reeealll just-from-Japan sensei and my friend's friend. He is black-belt master in Karate but what he is teaching is so called Mixed Marshal Arts that basically is the mix of almost all techniques.

By the time me and a couple of my hostelmates came over the park where it was held, the bunch of geeks had been already in action! It looked sad indeed. But what was even more sad about it is that we were supposed to join this mess. It looked exactly like those kung-fu social clubs for siniour citizens which all sorts of Asian filmmakers and Discovery channel camera-persons consider to be so filmic. Group of 6 young, mentaly stable (at least ex facte) quite-ok men were kicking the air with all limbs available.

It was too late to back off when they turned round and waved at us.
"Kon Ban Waaa!"
"Kon Ban Waaa, Sensei!"
The first 20 mins were full of pure embarrassment and the real torture for my self-esteem which was about to reach the lowest point for the last few weeks. I felt so miserable trying to make my legs and arms move in concord. Phew... Coordination of movements is definitly not my strong point! But after some time it turned to be fun. At least for those watching us. 11 persons of different origins (Japaneses, Tibetan, Namibian, French, American, Russian and one NRI to be precise) acting either Matrix or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest were catchy enough to be discussed today at a dinner table.

However I feel quite good about it and looking forward for the next session.

Комментариев нет: